Grosvenor Marine Ltd. (The Watersports Academy) is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner.
This policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us whilst you use our website, visit The Watersports Academy, or contact us by phone or e-mail. Whilst using our services and visiting our website you are consenting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this statement. The Watersports Academy will always handle information in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- Through our online services, when you visit our website, use the ‘Contact us’ form for an enquiry; subscribe to the newsletter; respond to a survey or competition.
- Upon check-in at our reception and when you experience our activities and services.
- Every time you contact us with your details by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites under the FJB Hotels Group (Sandbanks Hotel Ltd.) umbrella. We work closely with third parties (including business partners, booking agents, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, credit reference agencies and voucher provider) and may receive information about you from them which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide goods and services and to improve your experience with us. This will also ensure that the quality of personal data we have is maintained properly.
Personal identification information:
- We will collect personal identification information from visitors only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Visitors may be asked for, as appropriate, name, e-mail address, age, mailing address, phone number, emergency contact details, any medical conditions/allergy/disability and current medication.
- Visitors can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except when required by law.
- Refusal of personal identification information may prevent visitors from engaging in certain activities or services.
- Special category data, such as allergies and health conditions, are only obtained voluntarily and are used only to provide services you request.
Non-personal identification information:
- We may collect non-personal identification information about visitors whenever they interact with our website.
- Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about visitor’s means of connection to our website, such as the operating system, the Internet service provider’s utilised and other similar information.
How we protect your information:
- We adopt strict procedures appropriate to data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction or unlawful processing of your personal data.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the online booking engine or the online job application engine and the data subject are encrypted and protected over a SSL secured communication channel.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To provide services and information you have requested such as to facilitate payments, bookings, send administrative correspondence, to assist you with events or celebrations and provide you with other information about our products, services, the local area and the centre.
- To continually improve your customer experience, improve our offerings and update our records. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our centre and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
- To send you, with your permission, marketing communications, competitions, promotional offers, events, recommended products and services that might be of interest to you. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time; see “the opt out” section of this policy.
- To allow you to participate in competitions and other activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including through the use of closed circuit television, and other security systems), developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying ours services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Non-disclosure to third parties
- The information and data we collect are important to The Watersports Academy and we would not want to share this with anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
- We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, the website and to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters. We may share your personal data with them in order that we can carry out certain functions, such as communicating about an enquiry, processing your booking and to assist with the general running of our site. Whilst certain third parties are based outside of the European Economic Area, they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the United States of America. We may also share your personal data with third party website agencies where this is necessary for us to carry out our obligations to you. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analysing your use of our services or activities;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioural advertising)
- Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our websites. Our websites are scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
Used to identify trusted web traffic
Cookies name: _cfduid
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
Used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Cookies names: _ga, _gat, _gid, collect
The Watersports Academy website
Cookies name: hasBar
Cookies names: aka_debug
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Whilst cookies may identify you as a user of the websites, your personal details are not stored or used to individually identify you and the cookie cannot access or store any personal information which you have not provided to the websites during your visit. They are also not able to put malicious software or viruses on your computer or change the operation of your equipment.
- We will never share any personal information about you with these third parties and the cookies used to maintain your anonymity.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
Opt out/Data quality/ Access/Retention
- We will always ask your permission before sending you e-mail marketing information. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
- We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive marketing communications from us. On promotional e-mails, we always provide an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the e-mail which will unsubscribe you from that service. If you wish to opt out with respect to more than one e-mail address, you must complete a separate request for each e-mail address. To withdraw from any other marketing communications please contact [email protected].
- Please note it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communications from us which relate to your bookings/transactions. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance that affects your activity with us.
- We will retain your information in line with our data retention policy.
Your acceptance of these terms
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
Grosvenor Marine Ltd.
c/o Sandbanks Hotel Ltd
Data Control Officer
15 Banks Road
If you wish to make a subject access request or to exercise any other rights in relation to your personal information this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. Our security procedures do mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data.
Grosvenor Marine Services Limited, 6th Floor, Dean Park House, 8/10 Dean Park Crescent, Bournemouth, BH1 1HP. Company Reg. 0080729.
This policy was last updated on 17th May 2018.